Patrizia Gentili, born 1966, studied Chemistry at the University of Rome ‘La Sapienza’, where obtained his Laurea degree in 1991. In 1995, she obtained the Ph.D. in Organic Chemistry at the University of Rome “La Sapienza” with a thesis work on the vinylic SRN1 reactions under the supervision of Prof. Carlo Galli. In 1995, she worked as postdoctoral fellow with Prof. Christian Amatore at Ecole Normale Supérieure of Paris and she specialized in electrochemistry. She spent abroad short periods as fellow:
- in 1996, with Prof. Christian Amatore at Ecole Normale Supérieure to synthesize HIV inhibitors;
- in 1997, with Prof. Steen Uttrup Pedersen at the Chemistry Department of Aarhus University (Denmark), to study by electrochemistry the cis-trans isomerization rate of vinyl halide radical anions;
- in 2000, with Prof. Steen Steenken at Max Planck Institut für Strhalenchemie di Mülheim (Germany), to determine by laser photolysis the rate constants for hydrogen atom abstraction from solvents of vinyl radicals.
From 2000 she has the position of University Researcher at the University of Rome “La Sapienza”. From 2002, she teaches the required course of Organic Synthesis and Laboratory.
Her research areas:
- electron transfer and radical reaction mechanisms
- synthesis of natural polyphenolic derivatives and biological activity
- synthesis of multi-stimuli responsive polymers
She is author of 53 publication on international journals, with h-index 22 (Scopus)